- A female rabbit is called a doe. A male rabbit is called a buck.
- When referring to the parents of a rabbit, the mother is called the dam, and the father is called the sire.
- When you mate two rabbits together, this is called breeding.
- When you check to see if the doe is pregnant or when you breed her again before she is due to give birth, this is called testing.
- When you put a box in the hutch that is lined with hay, this is called nesting.
- When the doe gives birth, this is called kindling.
- The period of time between breeding and kindling is called the gestation period.
- She gives birth to a bunch of bunnies called kits. This bunch of bunnies is called a litter.
- When you take the young rabbits away from the mother, this is called weaning
*from : -